HOW Varonis ADDRESSES FIVE KEY CUSTOMER QUESTIONS:
What does your product do?
Our platform collects, stores and analyzes metadata non-intrusively, in real-time, on the major platforms that store unstructured data. It was architected from the ground up by a team of technologists with deep domain expertise and the hunger to tackle massive problems.
What problems does it solve?
Data is the lifeblood of every organization—we keep it safe.
- Organizations have little visibility into who has access to unstructured data on Windows servers, SharePoint, Exchange and O365.
- Organizations have no idea how employees are using the data and have no record of what files and emails are being accessed.
- Organizations can’t locate their “crown jewels” amongst millions of other files, thus have no way to protect them.
Subsequently, documents and email are regularly stolen, lost or maliciously encrypted with very poor time to detection and limited options for recovery and forensics.
These problems exist because there are no native tools available to control, classify, or monitor unstructured data. Unstructured data makes up roughly 60-80% of an organization’s total data set and grows at a rate of 50% year over year. At that volume and rate of growth, the problem of not knowing who has access to specific files/folders, what users are doing with their access, or the location of sensitive data grows exponentially.
Another factor is the increase of data breaches/ransomware attacks. This is directly correlated to the problem that we solve because most data breaches have 3 things in common:
- Unstructured Data was stolen
- Users had too much access
- Organizations had top of the line perimeter controls in place but had no tools/visibility into their unstructured data repositories. These attacks shed a light on the glaring problems that organizations face with this data set.
How are you different from competitors?
- Clear market leader: according to Bloor Research, Varonis is the clear market leader in the unstructured data governance space with 90+% of the market.
- Data-centric approach.
- Powerful metadata engine that scales from small companies to the largest organizations on the planet. The only solution to effectively monitor large amounts of unstructured data.
Who has done this before?
Varonis has been around since 2005 and we have over 6000 customers globally in almost every vertical. Whether it’s a compliance issue of PCI, HIPAA, SOX, ITAR etc.., reducing risk and locking down sensitive information, or solving operational issues surrounding unstructured data we have plenty of references for each industry.
How are you going to show measurable results?
We provide results in three stages:
- Detect: immediately, Varonis is able to catch any attack on unstructured data, as well as identify critical data that has been left open.
- Prevent: over time, the platform helps IT reduce the risk on the file server by cleaning up permissions, archiving old data and securing sensitive files. All of this is tracked using KPIs in our Dashboard.
- Sustain: lastly, Varonis automates key actions to lock in the benefits and reduce the cost of daily IT activities around the data.