WHO WE ARE
Consortium Networks is the trusted Cyber Concierge, helping our clients solve their toughest cybersecurity challenges. We are a cybersecurity risk, technology, and networking organization on a joint mission to connect and educate the community. We founded Consortium to change the “game” and help our clients make sense of the spaghetti labyrinth they call cybersecurity. By mapping our clients’ controls to industry standards and risk, we help them reduce complexity and risk to their organization and people.
Our Concierge way of working sets us apart and follows four timeless principles of customer service: attitude, consistency, service, and teamwork. We are devoted to helping others selflessly in both our work and personal communities. Consortium is rapidly growing and looking for a Sr. Finance Analyst to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Sr. Finance Analyst is responsible for running the day-to-day Finance Operations function in a fast-growing cyber security start-up. Scope is focused on managing the accounting transaction cycle which includes but is not limited to invoicing customers, creating vendor bills, AP/AR, calculating commissions, payroll, paying sales tax, and other reporting as well as additional administrative activities. In addition, the Sr. Finance Analyst will assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and financial planning and analysis (FP&A) needs, while evolving the financial capabilities and processes of the company.
Because this is a remote position, the Sr. Finance Analyst must also be able to work independently, follow instructions and guidance, possess exceptional attention to detail, and manage time and priorities effectively. The Sr. Finance Analyst reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will work within an Operations department which seamlessly merges procurement, contracting, finance and HR together into one efficient and strong team.
- Assist with month-, quarter-, and year-end financial reporting and FP&A requirements
- Assist in the development and reporting of company KPIs and forecast assumptions
- Lead day to day cash flow management and effective management of AR/AP balances
- Review AR/AP aging reports and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the AR/AP process
- Responsible for company account reconciliations, Income Statements and Balance Sheets
- Train all new employees and interns in tools such as Expensify and QuickBooks “T-Sheets”
- Oversee bi-weekly Payroll function, to include proper calculation of 401(k) distributions, expense reimbursements, commissions, benefits deductions, and employee compensation
- Assist with the processing of expense reports on a monthly basis
- Register Consortium in new states both for payroll and tax purposes
- Collect and track all customer Tax Exempt Certifications
- Set up new vendors in accounting software and request current copies of W9s
- Prepare and send all 1099s electronically on an annual basis
- Conduct independent analysis as directed or required by company leadership, private equity investors, lenders, and auditors
- Participate in company-wide events and assist with special projects as needed
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced Excel / financial modeling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently with little direction to achieve goals
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to be flexible and versatile
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, and tax
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting strongly preferred
- Three to five years of increasing responsibilities in accounting/finance
- Proficient with finance/accounting tools such as QuickBooks and Expensify
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, particularly Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
Work is performed primarily in a remote home-office, however, can be performed in group office settings, on Zoom, and other locations as deemed necessary by the company.
Consortium Networks is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role for individuals who reside and work in certain states and locales. The compensation range considers a wide range of factors which are considered in making compensation decisions including skills, experience, education, and location. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $80,000 – $110,000.
To apply: email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Visit our website at https://consortium.net/ or on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/consortiumnetworks